taking care of our lips is key— especially as we approach summer when we’re outside in the sun more and more. our summertime lip care guide will give your our favorite tips for keeping your lips kissable, soft, beautiful, and protected.
Lip Care Guide
- exfoliate. remove dry, dead skin with a wet, soft toothbrush or washcloth. this can be done weekly.
- hydrate. staying hydrated is key! both internally, by drinking plenty of water as well as topically with our shine + seal lip balm. our shine + seal lip balm combines broad spectrum cbd, calendula flower, candelilla wax, coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, and vitamin e to soften, and seal in moisture on your lips.
- protect. our lips receive a lot of sun exposure, which means it is a common area for skin cancers. it is essential to utilize spf 15 or higher to protect your lips, just like you would any other area of your skin. we love the spf face cream from Roots Apothecary, which forms a barrier to protect skin from harsh environments and provides physical sun protection in the form of mineral zinc oxide.
- reapply. reapply our shine + seal lip balm and spf often—at least every two hours.
- wear a hat. hats aren’t only stylish, but they can also provide excellent protection against harmful uv rays from the sun. however, a hat alone isn’t sufficient sun protection, so always pair it with sunscreen!
- heal. if you do get a sunburn on your lips or elsewhere on your body, take care to heal the area with our soothe + restore cbg + cbd skin salve. our skin salve combines cbd, cbg, nourishing oils, and healing herbs such as shea butter, coconut oil, calendula flower, and nettle leaf that helps soothe and restore dry, itchy, sunburned skin.